Re: logging interaction between minicom and modem - solved

On Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:11:13 PST alice@cascoind.com wrote:

> Hmm, that's odd.... I tried to set up wvdial just now and it's saying
> that
> /dev/mouse is linked to ttyS0, and sure enough it does seem to....
>  could this be causing some of my problems? Is that something
> that's safe to manually unlink or is there probably some program
> that set that that I should have a chat with.... I know I have gpm
> running, is that likely to have done it? The odd thing is I don't even
> use a serial mouse, I use a bus mouse so it doesn't
> seem to make sense to have /dev/mouse pointing to a
> serial port.... does it?
>
> anyways, if this sets off any lights or rings any bells for anyone,
> please
> share :)
>
> -Alice

yep, that was it..... rm /dev/mouse and now chat's a happy camper

(tried to send this email this weekend and got a message about debian-
user's mailbox being full so my apologies if this shows up twice)

-Alice
Alice M. Pinard
Casco Indemnity Company
alice@cascoind.com