what are these?

hey list

I'd love to identify some mystery files in my home
directory. there are 14 of them.  they are big, and
apparently binary. they are: xaa thru xam, and the last
one is xxml.el.  Just noticed them yesterday.

I have been updating and installing new stuff (including an
emacs package).  I looked through some logs, but still am
mystified.  I don't suspect foul play, because the files are
too obvious.

do these file names ring a bell for anyone?

Please cc, I'm not currently subscribed. Thanks.
--

Turn your computer off. Go outside.
-tom