Re: /etc/reslov.conf

if there is no /etc/resolv.conf then you can create it.

debian prompts for DNS settings during install but if whoever installed
it did not enter them i imagine it wouldn't create a resolv.conf.

you can (as root) do:

echo "nameserver IP_OF_NAMESERVER" >/etc/resolv.conf

to create a basic resolv.conf

nate