Re: sendmail reports I/O problem

Sven Burgener wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> it's me again. Problem's solved.
>
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:29:08AM -0700, Nate Amsden wrote:
> > i agree with robert, it must be a prob with your ISP.
>
> In fact you're correct. The problem was at our provider whose routers
> / mail servers weren't playing like they intended them to.
>
> (Although I didn't know that they "proxy" our outgoing SMTP connects.
> Is this "usual"? Never seen it before. I can only see it in the headers.)

While i haven't encountered it personally im not suprised that a cable
ISP(i think you said the box was on a cablemodem ??) does this they are
real overprotective of the clients doing all kinds of weird things like
bandwidth capping, packet filtering, traffic monitoring, and i guess now
some network redirection.

nate

--
:::