Re: logitech trackman marble+

Nate Amsden <aphro@aphroland.org> wrote:
> X has built in support for it.
>
> here's my pointer section from XF86Config
> Section "Pointer"
> 	Protocol "IMPS/2"
> 	Device "/dev/psaux"
> 	Buttons 5
> 	ZaxisMapping 4 5
> EndSection
>
> then use the program imwheel to scroll it maps the wheel for ya. been
> usin it on many machines for a year or 2 and it works great. (all
> logitech trackman marble wheel)

I tried this with my Logitech Trackman Marble mouse and it didn't work.
All that happened wa that my mouse pointer stuck at the top right of the
X display and didn't do anything.

I downloaded the imwhhel app using apt-get.

You say 'use the imwheel program to scroll' - I am not sure what to do
with inwheel - I read the DEBIAN readme which came with it and put the
relevant files etc. into /etc/X11/imwheel and /etc/X11/Xsession. Tried
to run 'imwheel' in X but without the mose couldn't open an xterm to
type it in!

Is there something I am not doing? Is IMPS/2 available in X or do I need
to compile it in/fetch it from somewhere?

Cheers.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux