RE: Please remove me from the subscription list......

Once again the issue comes up.  Here are the unsubscribe instructions from
a couple Debian mailing lists:

listmaster@lists.debian.org

/dev/null

Tell me, which of these sets of instructions is more clear?  Which is more
helpful to a newbie with limited Unix/Linux experience who's probably
never used shell redirection in his/her life?  Am I really off in my claim
that the first of the two sets of instructions will be most helpful to
such a person?

Why is it that the devel, security, and probably many other Debian lists
have nice, clear instructions about unsubscribing, while the user list has
instructions that will only be helpful to somebody that understands that
they're looking at a command line that can be copied into a shell window?

noah