Re: Netscape 4.75: Can't open plain text files

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 03:31:50PM +0200, Frank Mehnert wrote:
Hi,

> with Netscape 4.75 I installed from potato-proposed-updates I can't open
> plain text files anymore. If I install 4.75 by the tar.gz archive,
> everything works find. If I use the debian package, after loading the
> text file (status bar bottom left finished), nothing happens.

The same here, if you run netscape from a xterm you will notice an error
message like: "Netscape: Ignoring unsupported format code in mailcap file: %{"
Checking the /etc/mailcap file you'll see entries for text which use
the %{..} feature of mailcap. Somehow netscape has troubles with it.

Could you try with the tarball one if it gives the same error and whether
it uses the mailcap file at all?

--
groetjes, carel