RE: X login keeps repeating

It commonly happens on VMWare as well. From observation it seems like the
modeswitching to another graphics mode fails, causing the X server to crash.
At that point XDM sees that there is no X server running and launches the
login shell.
If it started after upgrading Mozilla, it may (in your case) be a bad shared
lib somewhere, it happened to me with the default (M14).
Helix-Gnome (gdm) works fine, as it launches straight into the correct mode
for the terminal, not needing to switch modes on the fly.

Jeroen T Wenting
jwenting@hornet.demon.nl
ICQ UIN #9191966

It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine (Michael Stipe)