Re: What are the Essential Packages?

	The fastest way I use is:

	Download the file /dists/stable/main/binary-i386*/Packages.gz

	*Or your architecture

	Uncompress it and search there the packages you'll need. keywords: sawmill
or wmaker for the window managers, for example. You'll need the packages
that the window manager depends on. You also need the file (bon't remember
location) base2.2.tgz for the base.

	You'll need the floppies in /dists/stable/main/disks-i386/

	Note: the name of the base file and the locations can be inaccurate, but
near from they.

	Don't know if I'm missing something...

	hth,

	Ignasi

At 07.27 31/8/00 -0700, Tech Support Guy ha escrit: