Re: Netscape using exim/fetchmail?

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 06:00:44PM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
> Can I force Netscape Communicator 4.72 to bypass its own mail system
> and use exim and fetchmail instead? Background: I have a dial-up
> connection and a few users (my family) with www-based free mail
> accounts (gmx) who are used to Netscape, but want to write their mail
> off-line. It would be much cheaper to check all their mail at once.

Why not set up your machine as a pop3 server, use fetchmail/exim with a cron
job to get all mail delivered to their respective accounts, and point
netscape to its own belly-button (I mean, your own machine :) as the mail
server?  I'm not sure, but this may require your setting up named (BIND) as
well, unless a direct reference to the  localhost works...

Kenward