Re: network installer uses HTTP instead of FTP to load base2_x.t

hi:

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> Ron Flory wrote:
> >  As I am new to Debian, please let me know if I've overlooked some
> > fundamental Debian design philosophy.

> nope, we just did not have the time to get everything in we wanted.
> Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Of course, you can still install from http.us.debian.org or somesuch,
> and it is only 1 12mb file it grabs, so even over modem it is an hour
> download.

 yes.  However I'm preparing an install guide for Debian, and will be
performing several dozen 'test' installs over the next few days.  I
already have all the file.  Loading from a local site vs. over a modem
could add up to a significant amount of time by the time i'm through ;)

 anyway, I know how to work around these issues at my site, my point was
that newbies probably won't be able to...

 bye-

ron