Re: problem with cfdisk

Christian Mathes wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I currently try to install Debian 2.1. I have problems
> to configure my hard disk drive properly.

Just as friendly assistance in your English usage -and
I see that your English is quite good- the gerund form,
in this case, "configuring", is more often used as the
verbal noun denoting an action, than the infinite form,
which is opposite, as I understand from my studies in
German and Spanish, to most other European languages.
English is pathological in this respect, as in many
others.  I wish to abandon it, but I can't seem to
get along with out it at this time.

	^^^^--------------------------------------------------
	^^^^--------------------------------------------------

> When I saved this configuration, I recieved this error message:
>
> writing partition table...
> no primary partition is bootable
> The DOS-MBR can'tboot from it.
> Change bootability of current pariution
>
> So far the message. Well, at this moment, the cursor is at hda6 and this
> device is marked as bootable.
>
> Can you please tell me, what I did wrong here?

My guess is that the problem is having two partition marked
as bootable.