Re: No Subject

"Phillip Payne (PAYNEPH @ GBNUHO)" wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>   I have been trying to unsubscribe from this list, because it just
>  generates tto much mail, without any success. The two methods i have tried
>  so far have been :-
>
>  sending mail to

>  no message body.

This is the correct and effective way to do this.  I have used this.  It
works, but in a three step process:
	1) You send to debian-user-request a message with a subject of
		unsubscribe
	2) debian-user-request send back a confirmation message, with
		some request id
	3) You reply to the message.

There is no need to edit the reply at all: just send.  I, being more
picky,
like to take our the Re: in front of the Confirm n1n2n3n4..., and
remove almost the entire body of the message except my unsubscribe
request,
since I have the penchant for putting unsubscribe in the message body
also.  In the same manner, I look both ways when crossing a one-way
street.