Re: Ghostvie won't read recent .pdf files

Hello David,

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, David Teague wrote:

> Subject line says it all. ghostview crashes when I try to read .pdf
> files created recently. Is there a fix? Hope someone knows ... or
> can give me a pointer to another source of information.

AFAIK, ghostview really has difficulties with pdf-files.
Two possible solutions:

1.) If you don't want to use Acrobat Reader for some reason, you could try
out gv. It should display most pdf-files (and PostScript) without
difficulties (There is also a gnome-version of it, but there have been
reports of problems with it a while ago on this list).
2.) convert the pdf to PostScript before viewing. gs should be able to do
it, there's a script for it, just look for the man page for pdf2ps.

I don't know, if these two will handle all kinds of pdf-files, but you
could give it a try.
Regards,
Daniel