apache config questions

Hi all,

I've got two questions regarding the configuration of apache.  Hoping
someone here can help.

I'd like to set up content negotiation, but after reading the docs I'm
still not able to set it up right.  There's gotta be something obvious
I'm missing but I don't know what.  I've tried pretty much everything
mentioned in http://www.apacheweek.com/features/negotiation but to no
avail.  Any help will be appreciated.

The second question is a bit weird perhaps, but I was wondering if you
could configure apache is such a way that certain files can only be
accessed by one user at a time.  Any user should be able to see the
file, but only if no-one else is using it.  Yes, this has to do with
silly(?) copyright.

Thanks in advance.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen       Epson Kowa Corporation, Research and Development