Re: files/dirs under /var/www/

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 08:22:58AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:

> I did that. Right now it looks quite safe to add directories and files
> below /var/www, but what if a new package comes along and decides that
> it needs to install all over the web pages in /var/www/foo?

hmm /me thinks debian policy should treat /var/www like /usr/local
packages should be forbidden from touching it (at all, even no
directories) the only exception should be apache when first installed
should be allowed to put a example index.html file only if /var/www
did not exist upon install (as it works now).

policy may already state this i don't recall (and don't have time to
look it up atm)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/