Cfdisk + win98 + > 8.4 GB = DANGER!

Okey...here is what I've learned, the hard way (no guarantees, but I'm
quite sure about this now).

1) For large disks, win98 uses LBA mode. That is, the partition *must* be
"Win95 FAT32 LBA" and not "Win95 FAT32". (Otherwise, windows writes on your
linux partition, which may cause severe file system damage)

2) In case you want to make logical partitions, cfdisk automatically
reserves a primary partition for this, which it gives id 5, "Dos extended".
For large disks, THIS IS WRONG, because the LBA rule is here too: It should
be id 0f: "Win95 Extended LBA". (Otherwise, windows writes on your linux
partition, which may cause severe file system damage)

3) There can be only one primary DOS partition and one extended (primary)
DOS partition on one hard disk, or windows goes crazy complaining about
corrupt partition table (might have been why win-fdisk integrity-checked my
floppy...)

I don't know if this is something I should report somewhere, but at least
you know about it now. Spread the word.

/ David