Re: Problems with TeTex

Anthony Campbell wrote:

> Try changing to /tmp, and then, as root, do
>
>         initex latex.ltx
>
> Ignore any warnings about Latex being more than one year old.
>
> If this produces latex.fmt, move it to your web2c directory.

That did work actually, and after running texhash everything worked fine
-- at least for "latex file".  "tex file" and "pdftex file" (which I am
very interested in) doesn't work yet, but I think I'm going to wait with
fixing this until potato is available on CD.

If time weren't that rare ...

Anyway, thanks for all your help, I'll start reading some LaTeX books
now.

MfG viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld