Re: apt-get interrupted download

I found the problem: I started apt-get the second time from a
different directory and did not realise what I saw today in the
man-page:

	      Note  that  source  packages  are  not tracked like
              binary packages, they exist  only  in  the  current
              directory and are similar to downloading source tar
              balls.

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 10:03:35PM +0800, Corey Popelier wrote:
> Only thing I can think of is the package itself has changed in between the
> time you started and resumed the download. If this is not the case, I have
> no idea why it didn't resume.

> On Wed, 3 May 2000, Johann Spies wrote:
>
> > I have a dialup ISP-connection.  Using apt-get source
> > kernel-source-2.2.14 to download the kernel source was interrupted
> > after more than 8 meg.  When I started it again just now, apt-get
> > started again from byte 0.  Why?  In the past it would just resume
> > from where the download was interrupted.

Johann
--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082-255-2388