Re: aha1520 scsi card

Paul wrote:

> I have picked up an Adaptec aha1520 and installed it into my computer.
> I build a new kernel with module support for aha152x and did all the isapnp
> stuff to probe the card...
>
> With isapnp I set the card to io: 0x340   irq: 11
>
> But when modprob aha152x with the required parameters it fails to insert the
> module.
>
> So I tried building the support into the kernel, this did not work either.
>
> Can someone help me get this going or tell me where I can find information on
> getting this particular card working in linux?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

Paul, I don't know about your particular card, but I know from bitter
recent experience that the isapnp (isapnptools) approach doesn't
necessarily work with some devices. I was trying to configure some NICs,
but they silently failed giving bizarre results. I finally booted the
box to DOS and configured the NICs with a DOS utility I got from Intel.
I suggest you consider the same approach. I think what you'd need for
your scsi card is at
http://www.adaptec.com/support/overview/aha1520.html. Disclaimer: the
issues for scsi cards may be different than NICs; this is outside my
small envelope of knowledge ;-)

Stan