Re: Getting Gnome to run (unable to bind port 16001)

Hello,

Arcady Genkin wrote:

> I wonder what that port 16001 thingy is.

It seems that port 16001 is where ESounD is supposed to listen
an wait for connections. Maybe some application wants to output
sound at a certain point and tries to connect to port 16001, but
ESounD isn't there..

For me putting "esd&" before "exec gnome-session" in ./xsession helped.
(Ofcourse you need a sound card for this to actually work, and you need
 ESounD installed)

Yours,

Almer. S. Tigelaar.