Re: Logging out from serial login

> When I disconnect from the Palm, getty ends as expected and pppd shuts down,
> but for some reason the 'palm' user doesn't release ttyS0. The permissions are
> still set to

you disconnect? i assume, that this means "only disconnect, but
not log out". if so, then you have no problem: this is intended behaviour
(at least to some point). so it is theoretically possible to reconnect
and continue the session after some time. however, this will possibly
conflict with the getty ...
as i don't have practical experience with that, all this could be
perfect nonsense. *g*

in short: log out before disconnecting. (press ctrl-d at the shell prompt)

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.