Re: Memory strangeness; X, Netscape

Sounds to me like the infamous Netscape wrapper hit.
If you get into something similar, run TOP and also look at CPU percentage.
When netscape decides to get antsy, it will start trying to grab all your CPU
cycles so CPU and load should be hittign the roof.
As to the Kills not freeing memory...umm...I think thats the way it's supposed
to happen, you killed the process, but the memory space stays allocated until
another application makes a memory request in case you want to look at what
you've killed or another user restarts the application

I'm no expert, but I think thats whats supposed to happen
Andrew