Re: Lexmark 3200 colorjet...

> You can try cat somefile.txt > /dev/lp0 (/dev/lp1). As far as
> compatibility is concerned, the only thing I can think of is to
> search the archives, or go deja.com and search there. Hopefully
> someone else has a similar printer and can make a better (more
> informed) suggestion.

Hm. Apparently, this printer should be able to use HP Deskjet 500/500c drivers under DOS. (Loathe...) But no reactions whatsoever. cat foo.bar > /dev/lp0 gives no reaction whatsoever. Kinda irritating this. Anyhow, a dmesg gives the following:

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
parport0: Unspecified, Lexmark    Lexmark 3200
lp0: using parport0 (polling).

And, utilizing the wonderful tool printop:
opening device '/dev/lp0' at 22:02
printing job 'gorkij@moonspell+562' at 22:02
printing 'gorkij@moonspell+562' starting 0F at 22:02
printing data file dfA562moonspell', size 151670 at 22:02

--- so far, so good, no reaction, then... ---

finished 'gorkij@moonspell+562', status 'JSUCC' at 22:03
subserver pid 564 exit status 'JSUCC' at 22:03
lp@moonspell: job 'gorkij@moonspell+562' printed at 22:03
job 'gorkij@moonspell+562' removed at 22:03

.. and still no printout. Danggnabbit! This really irritates me. Well, if anyone has any suggestions, please come forth with them. I need to get this little sucker working!

> > (actually, some form of printer test program would be a nice addition to debian... Go through all filters, and then some ability to select one that might work... :))
>
> That'd be great. I'd also like to see that Redhat sound
> configuration program on Debian too.

Well, if it could be done a little nicer... And more Debianized... :)

--