Re: OpenSSH causes my system to dial out

On Thu, Feb 10, 2000 at 09:24:03PM +0100, Andreas Voegele wrote:
> If I'm trying to connect to another local machine with ssh, my system
> goes online since ssh fails to locally resolve the address of the
> other machine for some reason.
>
> Does someone else have this problem?

Yes, me. If isdnctrl dialmode ippp0 manual, it takes quite a while to
connect to the other box when I call ssh <name>. ssh <full.qualified.name>
works without delay. If dialmode is auto, ssh causes a dialout.

I hadn't time to watch closer to this, unfortunaly.

> The address of the other machine is in /etc/hosts and it can also be
> resolved by the local DNS without problems. /etc/nsswitch.conf
> contains the line "hosts: files dns". Reverse DNS lookups do work.
>
> I can use other services like ping and telnet without the described
> problem.

Same here.

--
Bye,