Re: kernel 2.2.14, can't locate module

Check your /etc/init.d/modutils, during installation you selected some
modules to be loaded into your kernel at boot time, when upgrading to a
new kernel, such a file isn't changed, so it's looking in
/lib/modules/2.2.14 for modules that are now in your not a module but
right in the kernel.
Easy way to solve it is (if there is no need to load any modules at
booting time) to rename the file /etc/init.d/modutils to something like
/etc/init.d/no-modutils

Ron