Re: pronunciation of daemon

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:52:35 -0800 (PST), George Bonser <grep@shorelink.com> was crying out from somewhere
  about: Re: pronunciation of daemon

grep> > can download the recording of him saying it from sunsite.
grep> > The same applies to Linux.
grep>
grep> No, Hammish. I have heard Linus pronounce Linux several times from only a
grep> few feet away. He has said it Lin-ux (lin-ucks) and sometimes lin-icks but
grep> always with the short i sound, not the long e or long i whenever I have
grep> heard him say it.

I've listened to the wav file too, but in my country everyone says it is
"rinakkusu" and it is spelled thus .... ;(

Junichi Uekawa, a.k.a. dancer
 a member of the Dept. of Knowledge Engineering and Computer Science,
   Doshisha University.
... I pronounce "Linux" as [Day-bee-enne]