Re: Doesn't kernel-source packages provides kernel-headers?

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Colin Watson wrote:
>
> > shaulk@israsrv.net.il (Shaul Karl) wrote:
> > >It is my understanding that each kernel-source package provides
> > >kernel-headers. Yet kernel-source-2.2.14 does not mention it.
> > >
> > >What am I missing?
> >
> > No, kernel-source doesn't provide kernel headers. However, if you
> > install kernel-package you'll be able to use something like 'fakeroot
> > make-kpkg kernel_headers' to build yourself a kernel-headers package.
> > (Obviously you'll need fakeroot, dpkg-dev, possibly devscripts, etc.)

If kernel-source does not provide kernel-headers, then what files are in
kernel-headers that are not provided by kernel-source ?  What is their
function ?

I understood (only from inspection, mind you) that kernel-headers was a
subset of kernel-source provide for compiling other program which needed
to reference the kernel declarations, but preferred not to compile a
whole kernel.  Thus it saved them some disk space.  Is this wrong ?

--
Regards,
Paul