Re: Doesn't kernel-source packages provides kernel-headers?

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000, Colin Watson wrote:

> shaulk@israsrv.net.il (Shaul Karl) wrote:
> >It is my understanding that each kernel-source package provides
> >kernel-headers. Yet kernel-source-2.2.14 does not mention it.
> >
> >What am I missing?
>
> No, kernel-source doesn't provide kernel headers. However, if you
> install kernel-package you'll be able to use something like 'fakeroot
> make-kpkg kernel_headers' to build yourself a kernel-headers package.
> (Obviously you'll need fakeroot, dpkg-dev, possibly devscripts, etc.)

If your installed kernel is 2.2.12, I think make-kpkg kernel_headers would
create kernel-headers package for 2.2.12. It would be a problem if the new
kernel is 2.2.13. I think it would be better to get kernel-headers 2.2.13
package (which I have done, so that I can load the correct modules for
kernel 2.2.13.)

Oki