Re: Yehaw!

On Wed, 02 Feb 2000, brian moore wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:23:34PM -0800, Lee wrote:

> > > You need the communicator version for your system.
> > >
> > > http://home.netscape.com/download/unsupported.html
> > >
> > > Pick the one from this site that fits your needs.
> >

> > I tried another package, all are Communicator, but I am now convinced as I said
> > to Nate that the corel download has been crippled to not install Messenger so
> > they can cash in on people ordering the $59 or $89 CD.
>
> Nonsense.

Really ? Great!!!

> Bothered trying the trivial method?  Uncommment the two sources in
> /etc/apt/sources.list and choose communicator from dselect or Corel's
> gui thingie.

Could you dumb that down a little please? I opened /etc/apt/sources.list and
discovered this:
# Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especial
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs
deb file:/mnt/amnt/cdrom1 corellinux-1.0 main contrib non-free corel
deb ftp://ftp.corel.com/pub/linux/CorelLinux corellinux-1.0 main contrib non-free corel
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian slink main contrib non-free
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US slink non-US
#deb /web/  main contrib non-free non-US
Originally the last 3 lines had # (I assume those are comments) I took all 3
off but  Corel Update would not load, so I replaced the last one. I'm in the
dark here, what am I trying to do? I just know how to install stuff Windows
style. Is Corel Update even any use here?

  >   > Or you could do it the way you seem to be doing it -if- you
remove the > Corel-supplied browser.  Obviously it's being found first in your
path. >

How do I remove it? If I do will the full version install?

> > http://linux.corel.com/products/linux_os/buy.htm
> >
> > GUess it's time to download *real* Linux .. Ideas on that plan?
>
> Yes, you should fix your pathing before mindlessly inventing
> conspiracies.
>
> You have the source: go find the "this will break communicator" stuff
> and submit a patch.

I would so LOVE to be able to do that. with a little help from my esteemed
friends ;>)

Lee