SCSI Adapter Settings/Debian

Greetings folks,

I have an Adaptec 152x SCSI card attached to a Archive Python DAT drive.
This all works fine in windows, but in Debian it is trying to assign the wrong IRQ to the adapter card, thus the tape drive never gets detected. All relevant kernel modules have been compiled into the kernel, which is 2.2.13 on Potato/Woody hybrid. The address range for the card is correct, but Debian is looking for the card on IRQ 12 when it is really on IRQ 9. What do I need to change to tell it to look on the correct irq? I don't believe I had to set the address range when I compiled the kernel, it seemed to find it on
it's own.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Todd