Re: Upgrading kernel from 2.0.38 to 2.2.14 ?

In article <[🔎] 20000204093127.A19335@hutsnet1.hutch.com.au> you write:
>Hello,
>
>Ive just updated all the packages from hamm to slink but I also
>want to now upgrade to kernel to 2.2.14 ? ..
>I am running IP Masquerading .. linux box connected to net, local
>network of 10.x.x.x and then a win95 box behind the linux box
>on the local net.
>
>I havent read much about ipchains .. but know how to use ipfwadm, is
>there a backward compatability?

I don't show ipfwadm as an option in kernel 2.2, though I'm certain that I
still used it -- You will have to set up ip forwarding which is off by
default by issuing the command
# echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Regards,

-Don
--
 .sig lite