Re: .gz in Netscape

Oleg Krivosheev wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Paul J. Keenan wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 12:12:58PM -0600, Oleg Krivosheev wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, All
> > >
> > > stupid question: what i have to do in order to
> > > prevent Netscape from expanding .gz files?
> > >
> > > thank you
> > >
> > > OK
> >
> > Shift + Left-Click saves the link insteading of displaying the
> > contents.  Is this what you mean ?
>
> looks like Netscape decompress the file while i'm doing
> shift+b1. So instead of aaa.diff.gz i'm getting aaa.diff

I THINK, but don't quote me on this, that the file is not
uncompressed, but the filename has dropped the .gz
extension. Just go ahead and gunzip it like normal (you
might need to rename it back to a .gz file first, but I
don't think so) and I think you'll be in business (IF you
downloaded with the Shift-Left click, that is).