Re: dselect confusion

There are the /var/lib/dpkg/{available,status}-old files...
as long as you haven't been going in and out of dselect and making
changes they may still contain the status field set how you want.

You could also attack /var/lib/dpkg/status with a text editor and
manually change the status field of all affected packages.
"***" in dselect == "install ok installed" in /var/lib/dpkg/status