Re: help!..I am no longer able to boot properly

kerneld is for old 2.1 kernels and 2.0 kernels..not for 2.2 ..i have never
encountered a problem with using it in kernel 2.2 it just doesnt do
anything.

as for /proc check /etc/fstab and see that /proc is supposed to be
mounted, also make sure the kernel is configured for proc filesystem
support.  if you compiled your own kernel its possible you told it not to
include support for /proc

nate