Re: Setting up Debian - II

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, davidturetsky <davidturetsky@email.msn.com> wrote:
>
> >I followed Joe's recommendation and partitioned my 32gb IBM hard drive as
> >follows:
> >  c:         6,997.0   mb
> >  /               39.2    mb
> >  swap      258.8    mb
> >  /usr      5,004.6   mb
> >  e:       20,332.2   mb
>
> Is this a typo or are you trying to reserve 39.2 megs for the root
> system? Keep in mind that this partition will contain everything below
> / except /usr, so this setup would be unusable.

I would reccomend you to read the Large Disk HowTo available from:
	http://howto.tucows.com/LDP/HOWTO/Large-Disk-HOWTO.html
and the Linux Partition HowTo available from:
	http://howto.tucows.com/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Partition.html

These documents together should cover most of what is needed to make a custom
partitioning strategy that will cover your needs.