Re: Remote printing with lprng

Symbolic links work fine across separate filesystems, NFS or otherwise. Hard links
cannot be made to files outside the filesystem where the file linked to resides. I
would guess rather that the link failure refers to an inability to connect (or a
connection which terminates). Look at the lpd man page to see how access is controlled
to the printer. Perhaps try telneting to port 515 on the machine to see if you get
connected.