gs-aladdin eating all the memory

Hallo,

I have a DX4-100 with 32 meg ram and nearly 66 meg swap space.

Over the weekend I installed gs-aladdin_5.50-5.deb, xpdf_0.80-2.deb
gsfonts-other_5.10-1.deb and gsfonts_5.10a-1.deb  from potato to try out
dvipdf.

While printing an eight page .pdf file created by dvipdf (I just typed
lpr file.pdf) everything went well until page eight which did not have
anything funny on it.  The computer grinded to a halt and I had to reset
it.

Top reported that gs used more than 90% of my memory including all of the
swap space.  After reset and restart, I started composing this message and
had to reset the computer again because I did not kill gs in time to do
prevent a repeat of the same problem.

Does anyone know the explanation for this?  Should I downgrade to slink's
gs-aladdin?

Johann.
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them
      that weep."            Romans 12:15