Hamm-->Slink, now fetchmail/exim behaves strangely

I've just upgraded from Hamm to Slink.  Fetchmail seems to work the
same as before, except that now, only the first 10 messages get to my
mail box straight away.  The rest of the messages sit around in the
/var/spool/exim/input directory for about 5 minutes before eventually
being delivered to my mail box.

Under Hamm the messages would all go straight to my mail box.  Why is
it that under Slink, only the first 10 get there directly, and the
rest take their time?

Thanks,

Mark.