Re: plextor cd-r trouble

On Tue, Dec 21, 1999 at 08:11:29AM -0600, Jesse Jacobsen wrote:
> >From this description and your dmesg output below, I take it you have no
> external devices?  If you did, it would be a factor, since it lengthens
> one of the SCSI chains.  At least with a BusLogic BT-958.

Nope, I don't have any external devices.

> On a similar note, I wonder if your two internal SCSI cables together
> form a single logical chain.  That would also impose length
> limitations, and possibly change your termination configuration.

Well, the dual cable setup was not my original setup.  I used to have
the cd-r and harddrive on the same ribbon, and used a 68-to-50 pin
adapter for the burner.  That setup was also unsuccessful.

MG

--
Matt Garman, garman@ews.uiuc.edu
"And through the window in the wall