PPPoE aka. PPP over Ethernet

So Sympatico, or Bell Canada, has decided to be a bitch and implement
PPPoE or, as the title shows, PPP over Ethernet.  Has anyone ever
heard of such a thing?  And the main question is, drum roll please,
how can I get it to work over Linux?  I'd really hate to lose this
ADSL.  It's been running quite smoothly lately, since the upgraded
DHCPCD automatically updates IP addresses.  Anyways, if anyone has any
clues, hints, suggestions, solutions,  PLEASE let me know.  If more
information is needed, let me know and I'll see what I can squeeze out
of tech support.

Thanks!

Marshal Wong