Re: Apt keeps giving me "400 Bad Request"
On Sat, 2 Oct 1999, Pete Harlan wrote:
> I'm upgrading slink->potato. Each time I run 'apt-get dist-upgrade'
> (after having initialy run 'apt-get update') it tries and fails to
> grab a number of packages before giving up; each one looks like this:
99.9% chance that you are behind a satanic 'transparent' HTTP proxy that
doesn't understand HTTP/1.1.
Do two things
1) Confirm this, using a web site that shows your request IP address and
verify that it is a cache
2) Phone your ISP and yell at them in loud angry tones until they
upgrade the software and bitch at the vendor.
3) Make sure you are using a 0.3.x version of APT
4) Use APT's ftp method, you'll get better results if your cache is
already this bad.
4) Try setting acquire::http::pipeline-depth=0
Basically every 'transparent' web cache I've seen is pathetically bad, to
the point that the people who make them need to be seriously wounded