Device busy

Hey, guys,

Often, when I want to umount a filesystem (especially the CD-Rom), it says
"Device Busy". So, I have to check all my xterms, apps, consoles... to see
which of them is using my device.
Trying a fuser /dev/cdrom usually reports nothing.
So, is there a way to umount it even if a process is using the device ??
Also, when my sister is using the device on the other computer, it's anoying
for me to tell her to quit her apps or for her if I kill directly the SMBD
daemon...

thanks,
sami
--
LL      II  NN   N  U   U  X  X     RRRR  U   U  LL     EEEEE  ZZZZZ    !!
LL          N N  N  U   U   XX      R  R  U   U  LL     E__       Z     !!