Re: [DISASTER] Latest update broke my system entirely

Jonas Steverud:

> (none) login: root
> login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_authenticate
> login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_setcred
> login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_authenticate
> login[10]: PAM unabvle to resolve symbol pam_sm_setcred

My guess is that you didn't notice the message that was included when you
upgraded pam-modules (or something like that). It complained about the pam
modules having changed paths, and that some of the configuration files in
/etc/pam.d still contains the old path. The paths should be eradicated
completely from the configuration files there.

--
\\//
peter - (Small ad: there is a debian-user-swedish nowadays)