Re: /var/log

On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 07:46:17AM +0530, ragOO wrote:
> Seth R Arnold posted:
> >
> > nah, hold onto them. You can gzip them (the logrotate package does this
> > automagically.
> >

> The logrotate package does this automagically if only U have
> uncommented the 'compress' in /etc/logrotate.conf

while the documentation says that (heh, I never looked in there.. :) all my
logfiles are gzipped (well, the .1 and later ones... .0 is left
uncompressed..) despite not being uncommented.

Does that mean I have two similar programs installed doing the same silly
thing? :)

But, the point is, logrotate will do the thing for you! :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!