Re: vncserver and vnc-doc conflicting?

*- On 14 Sep, Marc Haber wrote about "vncserver and vnc-doc conflicting?"
> Hi!
>
> |mh@torres[7/507]:/usr/doc$ sudo apt-get install vnc-doc
> |Reading Package Lists... Done
> |Building Dependency Tree... Done
> |The following packages will be REMOVED:
> |  vncserver
> |The following NEW packages will be installed:
> |  vnc-doc
> |0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 1 to remove and 5 not upgraded.
> |Need to get 0B/526kB of archives. After unpacking 588kB will be freed.
> |Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
> |mh@torres[8/508]:/usr/doc$
>
> Any ideas why the documentation is set to conflict with the "real"
> package? vncserver doesn't seem to install documentation as
> comprehensive as vnc-doc contains.
>
> Greetings
> Marc

I filed a bug against this a while ago(#40431 & #40429). The vncserver
maintainer states that the vnc-doc package is obsolete and should have
been removed from the archive before slink and that it adds bloat(all
the info in vnc-doc is redundant with what is in the vncserver
packages).  I don't know if I agree with this or not.

--
Brian