Re: apt-get dselect-upgrade

  I was having this problem as well on a potato machine.  I never found
  out what the problem was, but it somehow fixed itself.  I don't think
  it had anything directly to do with apt-get or dpkg, but perhaps a
  bug in libc? Do an apt-get dist-updgrade and then play around with it
  again.  One thing I started messing with in the interim was
  console-apt.  I don't know if it did something to correct the problem.
  If so, then perhaps it was a problem with the database????