Re: Linux checks only 8 chars of the password...

Bah, sorry for the second-posting... I think I should point out that MD5
based password hashing means your /etc/passwd (or /etc/shadow still,
right?) are *not* as portable as they were before MD5. However, FreeBSD, and
I think most PAM-based linux support MD5, probably OpenBSD supports MD5 (It
would suprise me if Theo de Raadt didn't put it in there.. :) and possible
more. But, not all unices.

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!