Re: debian

Well, if you can spare the $12, you can buy it from cheapbytes.com.
Depending on how fast your connection is, this might be faster. :)

If you have the burner, I understand linuxberg.com has the debian CD images
that you can write directly to CD.

I think there is a way, using nothing but the base packages, to get onto the
net enough to download the rest of the thing. But, I haven't tried that
method. <shrug>

I would imagine if you want to download everything under slink or everything
under potato that you could use that as the installation medium too.