Re: Reading Word format files?

On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> I'm running the stock abiword 0.7.4-1 Debian package on potato and it
> shows the following "open file as" options:
>
> automatically detected, .abw, .rtf, .doc
>
> Save as does not show .doc as an option, however, so it will not write
> doc files, but reads them fine.

I found a debian package of abiword on their home page. After downloading
and installing it as well as installing abi-fonts from potato (which
conflicted with abiword 0.7.4-1) I can also now read .doc files.

Thanks for the information. Now I don't have to start Wordperfect or
Staroffice if I want to read a .doc file.

Johann.

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; yet
      not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I
      now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son
      of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
                                         Galatians 2:20